In 1939-1951 the village was a seat of Okęcie gmina. Since 1951 it has been a part of Warsaw.
Okęcie owes its name to its location in the corner of the Rakov estate. In 16th century, the owners of the village started to use a different surname: Okęccy of Radwan coat of arms.
- Roman Catholic Church:
- Parish of St. Francis of Assisi in Okęcie
- Polish Autocephalous Orthodox Church:
- Field Cathedral of St. George the Victorious
- Jehovah's Witnesses:
- Church and the hall of the kingdom.