Morwell railway station
|PTV regional rail station|
Morwell, Victoria 3840
|Distance||144.37 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||1 June 1877|
A disused track exists opposite the single platform, which was used in the past when State Electricity Commission and rail freight trains were more common.
Two branch lines exist at the Down end of the station; the Maryvale paper mill branch, and the Energex briquette branch. The former is regularly used for paper trains each weekday, while the latter is not in use.
The station was electrified on 15 March 1956, and had regular electric locomotive services until 2 July 1987. The overhead wires were later removed.
Much of the old yard located adjacent to the station was removed in 2004, as part of works associated with the Regional Fast Rail project. Latrobe City Council's offices now reside in the former location of the yard.
The station was upgraded during the early 1990s.
Platforms & services